• What are my options at the end of the SolarPPA contract?
A SolarPPA is a very flexible way to go solar. When your contract ends, you have several good options to choose from:
- You can purchase your system
- You can ask Panatec to remove your system for free.
- You can upgrade to a new system with the latest solar technology under a new contract.
- You can extend your agreement in five-year increments.
• Can I decide to buy the system later?
Yes, you can purchase your system anytime after year five. The buyout price is specified in your contract.
• How does the performance guarantee work?
Panatec offers a performance guarantee that your system will produce as much electricity as we promise, or we will pay you back annually.
- The amount of electricity we promise to deliver is specified in your contract, so there are no surprises.
- If your system underperforms, Panatec will credit you per kWh shortfall at the end of each year.
- Our production estimates take into account normal weather variation and solar panel performance over time.
- We track your system performance through our SolarGuard online monitoring service, which you also have access to 24/7.
• What if I move to a new home before the end of the contract?
You also have several options if you move before the end of the contract:
- You can transfer your SolarPPA to the new owners at no cost.
- You can prepay the agreement and include it in the value of the house—solar homes typically have a higher resale value.
- You can pay to have it moved to your new home. See the contract for certain restrictions.